Dalkey Parish

Loreto Abbey

1841 saw the coming of the Loreto Sisters to Dalkey. Mother Teresa Ball rented Bulloch Castle and set up a school for poor children there. The following year she began building a convent on a beautiful site beside the sea . Apart from its outstanding role as a convent and a school, its beautiful situation made it a holiday and convalescent home for Loreto sisters from all over the world.